Street Lighting Districts
The Resource Recovery & Waste Management Division also administers all street lighting functions in the unincorporated areas of Santa Barbara County. Street lighting services for certain public (County-owned) roadways are funded either through special district revenue or through the Public Works Department Transportation Division. Public street lighting facilities are owned and maintained by Pacific Gas & Electric Company in northern Santa Barbara County and by Southern California Edison in southern Santa Barbara County.
These districts include the following:
- Mission Canyon Lighting District (serving the unincorporated area of Mission Canyon);
- North County Lighting District (serving Casmalia, Los Alamos, Orcutt, unincorporated Lompoc, and unincorporated Santa Maria);
- County Service Area 3 (serving unincorporated Goleta and unincorporated Santa Barbara);
- County Service Area 31 (serving Isla Vista); and
- County Service Area 11 (serving Summerland and unincorporated Carpinteria).
If you have any questions, please call (805) 803-8750.
Report Street Light Outage: