Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
Committed to efficiently providing, operating and maintaining public works infrastructure, facilities and services to make everyday life as safe and convenient as possible for the public we serve.
Latest News and Events
- Demolition Work Begins on Goleta Beach Bridge
- Request for Qualifications for Professional Services
- Public Invited to Participate in Storm Water Resource Plan
- Atascadero Creek Dredging
- Construction ramps up on the San Jose Creek bike path
- Free Hazardous Waste Collection Days
- Traffic Signal to be Installed on Pardall Road
- San Jose Creek Bike Path Construction to Begin
- County Awarded for Excellence in Solid Waste Management
- Obern Trail
- Cuyama GSA
- Isla Vista Move Out
- Battery Recycling
- Scott McGolpin Installed As NACE Vice President
About The Department
The Public Works Department is comprised of five Divisions:
Providing prudent fiscal management, staff support and other required resources to enable each division to obtain their goals.
Resource Recovery & Waste Management
Protecting the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste products and utilities.
Responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara
Providing a clear path, smooth ride, and a safe trip to the travelling public.