Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
Committed to efficiently providing, operating and maintaining public works infrastructure, facilities and services to make everyday life as safe and convenient as possible for the public we serve.
Providing prudent fiscal management, staff support and other required resources to enable each division to obtain their goals.
Resource Recovery & Waste Management
Protecting the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste products and utilities.
Responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara
Providing a clear path, smooth ride, and a safe trip to the travelling public.
- Benefit Assessment Notice of Public Hearing
- Benefit Assessment Report 2021-2022
- 2021 WaterWise High School Video Contest Winners
- County Provides Expert Help with Backyard Composting
- Flood Preparedness Resources
County Breaks Ground on Laguna County Sanitation District Upgrade
- Debris Flow Road and Bridge Repairs to Continue this Summer
- Small Business and Community Partnership Program
- Public Works Department temporarily closes public permitting counters
- County celebrates new Ashley Road Bridge
The County and Goleta Union School District address food waste