|Project Title:||PetroRock UCCB Production Plan Project|
|Case Number:||15PPP-00000-00003 & 16DVP-00000-00015|
|Project Location:||Cat Canyon, Santa Barbara County|
|Assigned Staff and Division:|
July 2018 - Present: County Planning and Development is working with their consultant to complete a Draft Environmental Impact Report for public circulation and comment.
PetroRock LLC has proposed to reactivate oil production in the north central portion of the State designated Cat Canyon Oil Field through a thermally enhanced oil recovery process built out in two phases. The proposed project includes the following:
- Oil Drilling and Production Plan (ODPP - Case No. 15PPP-00000-00002) to allow for establishment of oil and gas production operations as described below:
- Development of approximately 29 pads (including new construction and redevelopment of existing well pads and a Tank Battery pad), field access roads and the installation of up to 231 oil production, injection, and water wells.
- Construction of new processing facilities including tanks, loading racks, separators, heater treaters, five (5) steam generators, and other associated equipment.
- Construction of field pipeline and water systems including a production gathering network, steam distribution network, and a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system to monitor wells and equipment.
- Construction of project infrastructure would also include a new office building, workshop, and operator building.
- Addition of utility/electric lines to well pads.
- Development Plan (Case No. 16DVP-00000-00015) to allow for construction of approximately 2.7- mile private natural gas line which would extend from an existing Public Utilities Commission gas pipeline to bring additional gas to the project site and an oil sales pipeline to a connection with the Foxen Canyon Pipeline along Foxen Canyon Road.
June 18, 2018
Public Scoping Meeting - a public scoping meeting was held on June 18, 2018 at 6:0 pm at the Betteravia Government Center Board of Supervisor's Conference Room at 511 East Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria, CA 93455. The public scoping meeting notice is located here.
May 25, 2018
County Planning and Development released a Notice of Preparation of a Draft Environmental Impact Report for the PetroRock UCCB project to the State Clearing House. The Notice of Preparation is located here.
Feb 1, 2018
County Planning and Development determined the application for the Oil Drilling and Production Plan and Development Plan for the PetroRock UCCB Project to be complete.
Permit Application Materials
- Oil and Gas Drilling/Production Plan Application
- Oil and Gas Supplement Form
- Agricultural Activities Supplement
- Volume I - Permit Application Package
- Volume II - Appendices
If you have any comments or questions, please contact the project planner, Errin Briggs via email.