|Project Title:||Hollister Avenue - State Street Improvements Project|
|Project Location:||Countywide Program|
|Assigned Staff and Division:|
Staff is currently preparing the Final Draft Conceptual Streetscape Improvements Plan based on comments from the public and the South County Board of Architectural Review (SBAR). To date, staff has completed the following:
1. Studied existing conditions and prepared a First Draft Conceptual Streetscape Improvements Plan.
2. Presented the First Draft Plan to SBAR for comments on February 17, 2017. Click here for the meeting minutes.
3. Hosted an open house on May 25, 2017 at Vieja Valley Elementary School (Multi-Purpose Room) to present and receive public comments on the First Draft Plan.
Santa Barbara County is planning important roadway and streetscape improvements for Hollister Avenue-State Street, a 1.25 mile corridor stretching from San Antonio Road/Auhay Drive to State Route 154. Planning and Development and Public Works are working together throughout all phases of the project, which will improve all modes of transportation and create a safe and attractive corridor.
The streetscape component will plan lighting, sidewalks, crosswalks, bike lanes, bus stop shelters, landscaping, intersection improvements, and public art. These improvements will create a "sense of place" and help transform the corridor into a vibrant, attractive, and safe gateway into Eastern Goleta Valley that is accessible to all users, including persons with disabilities, pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers, and transit users.
The roadway component includes road widening, drainage, medians, and railroad bridge replacement over Hollister Avenue to improve traffic circulation and vehicular and pedestrian safety.
Public input is vital to the success of this project. Below is a tentative schedule for upcoming opportunities for the public to comment on all aspects of the project.
1. Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR), including public review period and hearing. (Winter, 2020)
2. Board of Supervisors hearing, including opportunity for public comments. (TBD, 2020)
Join our mailing list to receive information about Hollister Avenue-State Street Streetscape Project workshops, hearings, and other activities.