Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
As we monitor the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), Santa Barbara County Parks wanted to connect directly with you about what we are doing to provide support for any upcoming visits to our County parks. As the situation continues to evolve, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure our parks continue to be safe for visitors, our staff and vendor partners. We will continue to monitor developments and adhere to recommendations released by the CDC, CDPH, and County Public Health.
In response to the coronavirus, we are taking additional measures recommended by public health authorities, including:
- Our janitorial teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of high traffic areas including door handles and public restrooms and are using recommended disinfectants and cleaners.
- We have increased the availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers at many locations.
- We continue to provide soap for hand washing in all of our restroom buildings.
- All employees at our parks and offices are required to stay home if they are feeling ill and to seek medical attention as needed.
- All large-scale events are being cancelled or postponed.
- Park Rangers will continue to serve the public, while observing proper social distancing measures.
We will continue to assess our operations and consult with Public Health for recommendations and possible further changes. Please visit our website at www.sbparks.org to stay informed of any necessary changes to our operations. We appreciate your support and understanding as we adapt to this fluid situation.
As of March 30, 2020, in following suit with California State Parks and other local jurisdictions, our camping parks, Jalama Beach and Cachuma Lake, will be closed to overnight camping only; they will remain open for day use. The campground closure will be in effect through Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- Existing Reservations - All reservations with check-in dates through Saturday, May 16, will automatically be canceled and issued full refunds.
- If you currently have a reservation beyond May 16, 2020 and would like to cancel, you may cancel online by logging in to your account, submit a Reservations Change Form by going to www.sbparks.org/support, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your reservation number.
- We are sorry but we are unable to reschedule reservations at this time.
- Due to the high volume in our Call Center, the best way to reach us is by email at email@example.com
Day-Use Park Reservations
Day-Use Parks will remain open; however, in order to comply with Federal Coronavirus guidelines to avoid social gatherings in groups of 10 people or more, all group reservations from now through Sunday, May 17, 2020, will automatically be cancelled and issued full refunds..
Day Use Playgrounds
To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 coronavirus, County Parks has closed all playgrounds at County parks facilities until further notice. At this time, all County parks remain open during their usual hours of 8 am to sunset but are subject to closure.
Please help keep yourself and others safe from the Covid-19 coronavirus by practicing social distancing while using parks and public trails. Stay at least six feet away from others wherever possible, avoid touching surfaces, and wash your hands often.
Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Venues
COVID-19 Notice as of 3/16/2020- In accordance with guidance issued by the Center for Disease control, Santa Barbara County Community Services Department is currently not accepting wedding reservations for the Courthouse grounds or the Mural Room for any dates from now through May 31, 2020. If you currently have a wedding reservation during this time period we strongly encourage you to reschedule your event. All events scheduled for the Mural room through May 31, 2020 will be canceled and CSD staff will be contacting those groups. CDC guidance says to avoid groups of more than 10 people. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.