Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
A regular civil service employee working 20 or more hours per week is eligible for the benefits that are outlined. Your coverage for health and dental benefits will become effective 2-6 weeks depending on the date you were hired during that month.
Summary Plan Descriptions
- Blue Shield EPO Low and Express Scripts Rx EPO Low
- Blue Shield EPO High and Express Scripts Rx EPO High
- Blue Shield PPO and Express Scripts Rx PPO
- Blue Shield HDHP PPO (Blue Shield is both medical and Rx manager)
- Delta Dental (In order to enroll in a dental plan, you and your dependent(s) Must be enrolled in one of the Santa Barbara County's medical plans).
- Vision Plan Summary VSP Choice Network (You do not have to enroll in the medical or dental plan in order to enroll in the Vision plan).
Twice-Monthly Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums
- Full-time Employee Premiums
- Combined Coverage Premiums (Only applicable if Both Employee and Spouse or Registered Domestic Partner are County Benefit Eligible Employees)
- 0.9 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums
- 0.8 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums
- 0.75 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums
- 0.7 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums
- 0.6 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums
- 0.5 FTE Part-time Employee Premiums