Local Vendor Outreach
In an effort to promote local economic vitality & sustainability, the County of Santa Barbara supports Local Vendors through our Outreach Program. The goal of the Program is to spend 60% of our discretionary revenue with Local Vendors.
How is this accomplished:
- We educate local vendors on how they can participate & compete for the multitude of items that we purchase.
- We actively target local vendors with our requirements.
- We promote local vendor participation by providing an opportunity for local vendors to price match non-local suppliers when a local vendors bid is within 6% of the non-local supplier's proposal on competitively bid tangible items.
Does the Program work:
Yes. In fact, the County spends approximately 100 million dollars locally each year. This money supports local businesses and contributes towards overall local economic vitality. It truly is a win-win arrangement for both the County & our Local Vendors.
Who is considered a Local Vendor:
A vendor is considered "Local" if they meet the following basic criteria:
- They occupy an actual business facility whose address is within the County.
- They hold a valid business license as issued within the County and the address matches that of their local facility.
- They hold a valid resale license (where sales tax will be applied to the purchase) as issued from the State Franchise Tax Board and the address matches that of their local facility.
- They staff their local facility with employees during normal business hours, they have standard business utility services and the office is fully operational
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the County Purchasing Office.
How you can participate:
If you are a Local Vendor, you automatically qualify. Simply contact the County Purchasing Office to register as a Vendor and expand your opportunities in competing for the County's business. You can also communicate directly with the Purchasing Staff.