Thank you for your interest in becoming an In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) provider!
State laws require that all IHSS providers go through an enrollment process and pass a DOJ background check before they are eligible to be paid by the IHSS program.
REGISTER ONLINE TO ENROLL AS A NEW IHSS PROVIDER!
Using your home computer, smartphone, or tablet, you can complete all of the required enrollment forms, watch the required orientation videos, and schedule your quick in-person appointment to provide your ID and Social Security cards to be uploaded into the computer system. This new streamlined process allows IHSS Providers to complete the enrollment and orientation more quickly and in fewer steps.
- Sign enrollment documents and provide your ID and Social Security cards quickly and safely at your in-person appointment!
- Registering online is convenient, simple and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
PROVIDER ENROLLMENT PROCESSNOTE: this process description is also available as a printable handout.
STEP 1: Begin the Online Enrollment Process
- After reading all five steps, click the link at the end of this section to start online enrollment.
- Create an account and write down your username, password and security questions for the next steps.
- Ensure your name matches your government-issued ID and Social Security card.
- Watch the mandatory videos.
- Review the required documents that you will sign electronically online:
- SOC 426 IHSS Provider Enrollment - sign electronically
- SOC 846 IHSS Provider Enrollment Agreement - sign electronically
- Request for Live Scan Service (DOJ Background Check) - option to print online
- Schedule your In-Person Enrollment Completion Appointment.
STEP 2: Attend your Scheduled Appointment and Provide Verifications
Please be on time and bring the following to your appointment:
- An original and valid government-issued photo ID, Driver's License or USD Passport.
- An original Social Security Card with the name as it appears on your government-issued ID or Driver's License.
NOTE: You will not be able to enroll without providing these verifications.
STEP 3: Complete and Pass your Background Check
- You must use our internal Live Scan form. There is an option to print the form online when completing Step 1. (The Live Scan form will also be mailed after you complete Step 1.)
- Take the Live Scan form to an approved location to submit submit your fingerprints. Santa Barbara County locations can be found here.
STEP 4: Become an Eligible Care Provider
- After we receive notification that you have passed the Background Check, you will be eligible to provide services to an IHSS Recipient!
- Your IHSS Recipient must complete Form SOC 426A - Recipient Designation of Provider ( English, Spanish) and return it to the Public Authority to designate you as their Provider.
- Once we receive the completed SOC 426A, and a completed IRS Form W-4 - Employee Withholding Certificate ( English, Spanish) from you, you will be linked to the IHSS Recipient's case and we can start the payroll process to issue you electronic timesheets.
STEP 5: Enroll in the Electronic Service Portal (ESP) and Direct Deposit
- Immediately enroll in the Electronic Service Portal to access electronic timesheets, or call te automated Telephone Timesheet System (TTS) at 1 (866) 376-7066.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit using the Electronic Service Portal. For more information, click here.
- Access and submit your timesheets for payment.
For more information on timeseheets and resources, visit the Timesheet page.
Click here to start online enrollment!
JOIN THE PROVIDER REGISTRY
Once an individual has been enrolled as an IHSS Provider, additional steps are necessary to be on the Provider Registry. Visit the
Provider Registry page to see how you can join the Provider Registry!
UNITED DOMESTIC WORKERS (UDW)
Please click here to register for the United Domestic Workers union part of the orientation on Zoom. If you need help registering or have questions, contact UDWA at 805-349-9656 or visit the UDWA website at for more information.
To become a member of the union today, click here.