Public Defender Office
The Santa Barbara County Public (SBCPD) has a centralized Information Technology office located in Santa Barbara and additional offices in Santa Maria and Lompoc. The Information Technology Division provides department-wide technology planning, acquisition, policies, connectivity, and support for a broad portfolio of infrastructure and applications operating in an enterprise-caliber environment.
IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST INTERN
The IT Division is currently seeking a Service Desk Analyst Intern to provide telephone and email-based support to the SBCPD attorney and staff members. The Service Desk Analyst Intern will respond to agency staff requests and inquiries performing troubleshooting and problem resolution on computers, agency-managed mobile devices, printers, and other peripheral devices. The intern will gain "on the job training" geared to the knowledge of the technology used by SBCPD agency along with steps for troubleshooting and resolving reported technology issues and work support requests. This position will be located at our Santa Barbara Office: 1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. If interested, an opportunity also exists in our Santa Maria Downtown Office: 31-P East Cook Street, Santa Maria, 93455.
Possible Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance.
• Create HelpDesk tickets for all calls. Detail login all support request activities in the Track-IT HelpDesk system.
• Remotely access the customer's workstation to troubleshoot by running diagnostic techniques to discover issues and provide resolution.
• Escalating high-severity incidents appropriately, complying with departmental standards.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Be willing to participate in the execution of technology infrastructure project(s).
• Graduation from an accredited high school or GED
• Basic understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve fundamental technical issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience providing support as part of a Help Desk/Call Center type of work environment.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting Windows desktops/laptops, Microsoft Soft suite, printers, and general applications.
• Working knowledge of both Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
• Prior exposure to basic information security concepts (network account creations, safeguarding passwords, etc.).
To be considered for this position please submit a: (1) cover letter, (2) current resume, and (3) a list of references. All requested materials must be submitted electronically in one email to Deepak Budwani at email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please indicate "IT Service Desk Intern". Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We accept applications year-long on a rolling basis. This is an unpaid volunteer position; however, where appropriate and applicable OPD is willing to provide supervision for credit as well as sponsor grant or other outside funding applications.