The 2017 Whittier Fire Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) Draft Report is now available.
The FEMA approved Santa Barbara County's Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan was presented to the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors on August 22, 2017.
READY Santa Barbara:
Additional Information, Documents and Contact Information
All documents are in Adobe PDF format unless otherwise noted
Diablo Canyon Power Plant Brochure
- Important Information about Diablo Canyon Power Plant – English
- Información Importante sobre la Planta de Energia Nuclear de Diablo Canyon – Español
- Diablo Canyon Power Plant Ingestion Pathway Zone Map (6.2 MB)
Earthquake Preparedness (Updated 4/9/2012)
Tsunami Awareness (Updated 3/1/2012)
SBC OEM Plan Updates
- Santa Barbara Operational Area Oil Spill Contingency Plan - Redacted
- Santa Barbara County Current Systems Assessment June 2012-13
- Santa Barbara County Current Systems Assessment Coverage Maps
- Santa Barbara County Operational Area Interoperability Study DRAFT
- Santa Barbara County Operational Area Interoperable Communications Study PowerPoint
BEACH SEEP/SHEEN REPORT
- Please use this form to report unusual or significant sightings of beach seeps/sheens along county beaches.
- Form for reporting
Hazardous Materials Non-Emergency/Minor Spill/Releases.
Santa Barbara County Operational Area:
On a day-to-day basis, OEM is responsible for emergency planning and coordination among the Santa Barbara Operational Area entities which include:
- Cities: Buellton, Carpinteria, Goleta, Guadalupe, Lompoc, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Solvang
- Special Districts: Air Pollution Control District, Fire Districts, Sanitary Districts, School Districts, Vector Control Districts, and Water Districts
- Volunteer Organizations: American Red Cross, Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES), Equine Evacuation, and Montecito Emergency Response & Recovery Action Group (MERRAG), Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD)
- Industry Groups: CAER-Community Awareness and Emergency Response, Petroleum industry mutual aid group, SBIA-Santa Barbara Industrial Association.
- Tri-County Coordination: Santa Barbara County OEM also coordinates with adjoining offices of emergency services in Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties. The Tri-County Coordinators meet and discuss regional preparedness several times throughout the year.
Vision: To provide and sustain a comprehensive emergency management program that supports the County, incorporated cities, districts, and partners, both public and private.
Mission: To enhance safety and preparedness through strong leadership, collaboration, communication, and meaningful partnerships designed to protect lives and property by effectively preparing for, preventing and mitigating, responding to, and recovering from disasters, threats, and emergencies.
Values: Credibility, compassion and accountability.
SBC OEM Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Santa Barbara County Emergency Management Plan
- Maintain the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in a state of operational readiness
- Maintain a trained cadre of EOC team members for EOC activations
- Provide ongoing leadership and coordinate disaster plans and exercises with the eight cities throughout the County
- Assist County departments with emergency plans to address how they will perform during disasters
- Assist County departments facility emergency plans for occupied County facilities
- Provide ongoing training for County department emergency coordinators
Contact The Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Management4408 Cathedral Oaks Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93110
24/7 Main Line: 805-681-5526 | 805-681-5592 - fax | Duty Officer Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Lewin, CEM® | (805) 681-5526 | email@example.com
Sonia Thompson | (805) 681-5526 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Gater | (805) 681-5526 | email@example.com
Brian Uhl, AEM® | (805) 681-5695 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Donald Patterson | (805) 681-5526 email@example.com
Michael W. Dyer | (818) 629-7130 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kasey Sweany | (805) 346-7599 | email@example.com