Most streetlighting functions in the unincorporated areas of Santa Barbara County are managed by county service areas (CSAs) or streetlighting districts. Revenues to fund streetlighting services are derived from a combination of property taxes and benefit assessments. Each CSA or lighting district serves a specific geographical area, however,, there are some locations that are funded by transportation revenues at large throughout the County. Public street lighting facilities are owned and maintained by Pacific Gas & Electric Company in northern Santa Barbara County and by Southern California Edison in southern Santa Barbara County.
These districts include the following:
- Mission Canyon Lighting District (serving the unincorporated area of Mission Canyon);
- North County Lighting District (serving Casmalia, Los Alamos, Orcutt, unincorporated Lompoc, and unincorporated Santa Maria);
- County Service Area 3 (serving unincorporated Goleta and unincorporated Santa Barbara);
- County Service Area 31 (serving Isla Vista); and
- County Service Area 11 (serving Summerland and unincorporated Carpinteria).
If you have any questions, please call (805) 803-8750.
Report Street Light Outage: