Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
Latest News and Events
- Updated FIRM Panels become effective September 28, 2018
San Ysidro and Olive Mill Roundabout Information Meeting
Floradale Avenue Bridge Replacement Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration
- McGolpin Presents Transportation Funding Resolution at NACO Conference
- County Preventative Maintenance Construction Begins July 17
- Storm Water Resource Plan Draft Release and Public Information Meeting
- ReadySBC.org - Post 1/9/2018 Debris Flow Interactive Maps
- 2018-2019 Benefit Assessment Report
- County Celebrates Backbone of Alternative Transportation
- Video Contest Winners Demystify Water Myths
New Materials Exchange Website Launched
Private Property Debris Removal FAQs
Mud Debris Clean-Up Guidelines
Thomas Fire Flood and Erosion Prevention and Response Resources
About The Department
The Public Works Department is comprised of five Divisions:
Providing prudent fiscal management, staff support and other required resources to enable each division to obtain their goals.
Resource Recovery & Waste Management
Protecting the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste products and utilities.
Responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara
Providing a clear path, smooth ride, and a safe trip to the travelling public.