The Santa Barbara County Probation Department recognizes the important contributions made by volunteers. We offer responsible citizens the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of important assignments throughout Santa Barbara County.
All volunteer assignments match the needs of the department with the strength of the volunteer. For more information email the Volunteer Coordinator, Senior Deputy Probation Officer Matt Schreiner.
Volunteer Application Form (pdf)
Probation Volunteers serve in a variety of capacities including:
- Mentoring at-risk youth
- Administrative assistants
- Case aides
Volunteers must meet minimum requirements including, but not limited to:
- Must be at least 18 years old to volunteer in the Adult Division
- Must be at least 21 years old to volunteer in the Juvenile Division
- No active probation or parole status of any kind
- No felony convictions or history of violent crime
- No outstanding motor vehicle warrants