- About Us / Divisions
- Hours of Operation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Montecito Debris Flow Information
- Schedule an Appointment
- Applications and Forms
- Find My Zoning
- Fee Schedule
- ADU/JADU Permitting Process
- Permit History by Parcel Number
|Project Title:||OASIS Meeting Center (Orcutt Key Site 18)|
14GPA-00000-00020, 17DVP-00000-00002, 16CUP-00000-00006
16RMM-00000-00001, 16LLA-00000-00004, 17CUP-00000-00013
|Project Location:||Orcutt Community Plan Area, NW corner of Foxenwood Lane and Clark|
|Assigned Staff and Division:|
The item has been scheduled for a Board of Supervisors Hearing on December 7, 2021 (see details below on how to participate).
The Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors currently provides in-person participation as well as virtual participation until further notice. If you wish to make a general public comment or to comment on this project, the following methods are available:
- Distribution to the Board of Supervisors - Submit your comment via email prior to 5:00 PM on the day prior to the Board meeting. Please submit your comment to the Clerk of the Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comment will be distributed to the Board and posted online. Whether the comment is formally part of the record depends on the agenda item it is submitted for and its length and time of submittal as set out in Board Resolution 91-333 (Land Use).
- Attend the Meeting In-Person - Individuals are allowed to attend and provide comments at the Board meetings in-person. Please note: If you attend the Board meeting in-person, you will be required to wear a face covering or mask at all times regardless of vaccination status.
- Attend the Meeting by Zoom Webinar - Individuals wishing to provide public comment during the Board meeting can do so via Zoom webinar by clicking the in the Board agenda to register in advance. The order of items listed on the agenda is subject to change by the Clerk of the Board. Please see the posted agenda and staff report available under the December 7th hearing date at https://santabarbara.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx# for more information.
The project description is as follows:
The proposed project consists of the construction of a new, 15,661-square-foot Orcutt Area Seniors in Service (OASIS) facility, which includes a 14,069-square-foot main building and a 1,592-square-foot ancillary BBQ/crafts building. The project also includes the construction of a related access road, 143 parking spaces, landscaping, and private trails within the development area. The project includes associated development consisting of the construction of a section of the multi-use Orcutt Creek Trail, and a request to modify the required number of parking spaces from 229 required spaces to 143 spaces.
The project site is approximately 5 acres and is located within the Orcutt Community Plan (OCP), identified as "Key Site 18/Southpoint" (KS18). The OASIS property is comprised of two APNs (105-020-063, -064), which together are one legal lot. The OASIS property is part of an approximately 35-acre common open space lot (Lot
165) of the original Southpoint Estates subdivision.
The proposed project requires the adoption of General Plan amendments, the approval of a Development Plan, a Lot Line Adjustment and Conditional Use Permits, modifications to the Southpoint Estates conditions of approval and recorded maps, and OASIS' acquisition of the property's development rights previously
deeded to the County. These project components are described in detail in the link to the packet, below.
Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors – Hearing scheduled for December 7, 2021
Documents and Links
The project items, including the Board Letter, a full project description, and updated project plans, will be available at the following link under the 12/7/21 hearing date: