THE BUILDING INSPECTION PROCESS
All building permits require inspections. The type of inspections required will vary depending on the scope of work.
- Inspections can be scheduled by phone or email.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we may be unable to accommodate next day inspection requests. We will make every effort to do so, however there may be times when we are not able to honor them. Your request must be submitted by 3PM on the business day preceding the date of inspection to be considered.
You will be contacted the following day to advise you of your scheduled inspection.
- The following information is required when requesting an inspection:
- Permit number - permit numbers are typically in the following format xxBDP-00000-xxxxx or xxCNP-00000-xxxxx.
- Address of the project
- Type of inspection requested
- Desired inspection date
- Contact name and phone number
- Gate code information, if necessary
|North County Inspection Requests:||South County Inspection Requests:|
|Phone: (805) 934-6232||Phone: (805) 568-3118|
|Email*: Inspection-North@countyofsb.org||Email*: Inspection-South@countyofsb.org|
* Inspection requests made via email will receive an email acknowledgement confirming or denying your inspection request.