Wedding Ceremony Reservations
This historic 1929 Spanish-Moorish structure is one of the most beautiful buildings in the U.S. Its meticulously maintained gardens and spacious lawns have become a popular site for special events.
360 Degree View provided by Bill Heller Photography
Weddings that choose one of the 5 designated large wedding sites would reserve the site for a three-hour period: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM or 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Wedding receptions are not permitted at the Courthouse. Please note that the Courthouse Building closes at 5:00 PM. Our fee schedule, comparable with other sites, is itemized below. These fees also fall within the BOS current fee structure.
For small wedding ceremonies with 15 or fewer participants, we have identified eight suitable locations, free of charge, primarily along the Anacapa and Figueroa Street lawn areas. These locations (A-H) are non-reservable. These locations will provide a place for small wedding parties with the architectural treasure of the Courthouse buildings and landscaping as a backdrop.
Please note that the County Courthouse is a public building. Wedding areas may not be roped off and all public access ways must be maintained at all times.
Courthouse Clock Tower
The Clock Tower MAY NOT be reserved.
A $200.00 non-refundable reservation fee must be paid at the time reservation is made. Important: The $200 reservation fee is not included in the site fee below. Cancellations must be made at least sixty (60) days before the event to receive a full refund, minus the non-refundable reservation fee. Cancellations received less than sixty (60) days before the event will be subject to a 50% cancellation charge of the paid site fee.
Areas marked with a letter in parentheses may be used at no charge for wedding parties of 15 or fewer participants.
On very popular dates it is possible to schedule several weddings, using some of the five (5) designated reserved areas, and maintaining a three-hour limit on the rental period. The following rules apply to all wedding ceremonies:
- No amplified sound, but soft acoustic music would be permitted
- All chairs and equipment are to be hand carried to wedding site.
- No rice, confetti, flower petals, bird seed or open flames are permitted.
- No receptions, food or beverages are permitted on grounds
- Taping off or coning any area of Courthouse Grounds is not permitted
- Stay out of planting beds
- No officiants provided
A Valued Experience
From the perspective of wedding planners and prospective marriage partners, the proposed wedding program at the Courthouse Grounds offers several key benefits:
- Guaranteed reserved space - Perhaps the major benefit would be the option to reserve a particular location in advance. Rather than having to stake out a location early on a Saturday morning, planners can count on the reservation system to protect the wedding site.
- Coordination with County Parks staff - Instead of setting up wedding ceremonies under the radar, planners and families could rely on the expertise of the County Parks staff to reserve locations, answer questions, and offer suggestions.
- Limiting conflicts with smaller weddings - With small, unregulated wedding ceremonies relocated to the outer perimeter of the grounds, potential conflicts, especially on popular dates, will be minimized.
***Please Note: Reservations may be made up to, but no more than 1 year from the date of the ceremony. Reservations may not be made less than five (5) business days from the date of ceremony. Reservations for wedding ceremonies for 16 or greater participants and attendees can be secured by contacting the Santa Barbara County Parks Division:
(805) 568-2460, Option 4
Bird of Paradise