• Flexible Benefits - You can find the flexible benefit options that you are enrolled in and are eligible to continue at the Auditor's ESS website. https://essplus.co.santa-barbara.ca.us/  You will have access to this site for one year after separation.
  • Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Healthcare

    • If you have a balance in your Healthcare FSA you will be offered COBRA Healthcare FSA.  If you elect COBRA Healthcare FSA you may continue to file for claim reimbursement up to the end of the calendar year (December 31st) for services rendered during that year.  When you elect COBRA Healthcare FSA you have to continue to contribute the same amount to your FSA account that you were contributing prior to your separation.  Please note that your card will be terminated on your separation date.

    • If you do not elect COBRA FSA you will have 90 days following your date of separation to file claim reimbursement for services or products obtained prior to your date of separation. Any services rendered after your date of separation will not be reimbursed.

    • BCC at www.benxcel.net will continue to handle all claims processed for your spending accounts. For any questions about reimbursement from your accounts, call BCC at 1-800-685-6100.  Any funds not reimbursed by the above date will be forfeited and used for program administration.

    • FSA – Dependent Care Spending Account – You may not continue participation in this account but can file for reimbursement of your remaining funds for services obtained prior to your separation date. BCC will also handle this for you.

Health Care Spending Account (HSA) - Under the COBRA legislation, you have the right to continue to participate in this account after you separate employment however, all contributions to your account will be on an after-tax basis.  This may be useful if you still have a balance in your account and will need these funds for future health services.  Please contact Sterling HSA at 1-800-617-4729 for information.