HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
The County of Santa Barbara is the lead agency for the Santa Barbara County HOME Consortium, which is also comprised of the cities of Buellton, Carpinteria, Goleta, Lompoc, Santa Maria and Solvang. The Consortium is awarded an annual allocation of funds directly from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). The purpose of the HOME program is to provide decent affordable housing to lower-income households.
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) prepares the required Consolidated Plan that assesses housing needs for the Consortium and establishes a five-year plan to address housing priorities. HUD recently approved the 2010-2015 Consolidated Plan, which identifies the following housing needs as priorities for the 2010-2015 operating period:
- New construction/acquisition/rehabilitation of rental housing projects for lower income households including large, small, and special needs households, as well as homeless, disabled and elderly persons
- Permanent supportive housing and Single Room Occupancy (SRO) units to address the needs of the homeless, households at imminent risk of becoming homeless, and/or persons with special needs
- Ownership opportunities for low income first-time homebuyers
- Universal design and accessibility standards to meet specific needs of disabled populations
- Energy efficiency and conservation design measures
- Proximity of projects to employment centers, public transportation corridors, and public services and amenities
HOME funds are made available annually through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) application process. Through the NOFA, the Consortium reserves funds for potential housing projects and programs to address the priorities established in the Consolidated Plan. An Action Plan is prepared annually, which details the projects receiving a reservation of funds and other relevant data.
Santa Barbara County HOME Consortium / CDBG Urban County Action Plan - 2012-2013
Santa Barbara County HOME Consortium / CDBG Urban County Action Plan - 2011-2012
Santa Barbara County HOME Consortium / CDBG Urban County Action Plan - 2010-2011
Santa Barbara County HOME Consortium/ CDBG Urban County Action Plan - 2009-2010
HOME Consortium Consolidated Plan - 2006-2010
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report - 2010-11
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report - 2009-10
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report - 2008-09
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report - 2007-08
The Capital Loan Committee serves as a technical advisory committee to County HCD, reviewing all projects prior the commitment of HOME funding thereto. For more information on the Loan Committee, please click here.
The current HOME Rent Limits and Income Limits are available on the HUD website. The 2010 limits were published in June of 2010.
The County of Santa Barbara is committed to providing equal housing opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, familial status or disability. If you believe you have been a victim of discrimination, contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Fair Housing Hotline at 1-800-669-9777.