The Housing and Community Development division uses federal, state, and local funding to provide a variety of public service programs and public facility projects including Affordable Housing, Grants Administration, and Redevelopment Successor Agency Housing Fund activities.
News & Announcements
Santa Barbara County seeks professional services to facilitate the Point in Time Count. Due date for submission is September 27, 2018 at 4pm. Click here for more information.
- 2018 COC Application Available Here
- The public is invited to provide comments on a Substantial Amendment to the FY 2018-19 Action Plan, which includes a funding recommendation utilizing federal CDBG funds. Comments may be provided by email to HCD@co.santa-barbara.ca.us and by fax to (805) 560-1091, and must be received by 5:00 P.M., October 15, 2018. The public also may attend the public hearing at 9:00 A.M., October 16, 2018 when the Board of Supervisors will hear and consider public comments. The hearing agenda and location information is here. The Draft Substantial Amendment can be viewed here.
- The 2017-18 Draft CAPER will be available for a 15-day public comment period from Tuesday, September 11, 2018 through Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at:
- Santa Barbara County Public Library Main Branch, 40 E Anapamu St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Santa Barbara County Public Library Goleta Valley Branch, 500 N Fairview Ave, Goleta, CA 93117
- Buellton Library, 140 W Highway 246, Buellton, CA 93427
- Santa Maria Library, 420 S Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93454
- County HCD office at 123 E Anapamu St, 2nd Floor in Santa Barbara, and
- Betteravia Government Center at 511 E. Lakeside Parkway, Suite 141 in Santa Maria
- Or by clicking HERE
- The County of Santa Barbara, Division of Housing and Community Development recently conducted a Notice of Funding Availability process to solicit proposals for the County's application to the State of California for their 2018 Emergency Solutions Grant Program (2018 State ESG). On July 19th the Continuum of Care (CoC) Review and Rank Committee met to make recommendations for the allocation of the County's estimated award amount of $326,955. Click here to see the Committee's recommendations and for more information.
- The public is invited to provide comments on a Substantial Amendment to the FY 2017-18 Action Plan, which includes a funding recommendation utilizing federal HOME funds. Comments may be provided by email to
HCD@co.santa-barbara.ca.us and by fax to (805) 560-1091, and must be received by 5:00 P.M., August 13, 2018. The public also may attend the public hearing at 9:00 A.M., August 14, 2018 when the Board of Supervisors will hear and consider public comments. The
hearing agendas and locations are posted here. The Draft Substantial Amendment can be viewed here.
Amendment Depot St
Santa Barbara County 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 to get connected to a specialist for personalized assistance. Free, Confidential, 24/7.
The Federal Fair Housing Act and California state law protects your rights.
Foreclosure Assistance & Prevention
The Department of Housing and Community Development works closely with local community organizations that offer assistance.