Board of Supervisors Ad Hoc Committee
on the Future of Cannabis Operations in Santa Barbara County
The County established an Ad Hoc Committee of the Board. The Ad Hoc Subcommittee with staff will develop a permanent ordinance related to the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis. The Committee consists of First District Supervisor Das Williams, Fifth District Supervisor Steve Lavagnino, and staff from the County Executive Office, Agriculture Commission, Planning & Development, Public Health/Environmental Health, Sheriff's Office and District Attorney.
The public is invited to attend a meeting to ask questions and provide input to the Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Supervisors regarding the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis.
Latest News and Updates
The County Planning and Development Department is conducting two meetings for the public to comment on the scope and content of issues to be addressed in the Cannabis Land Use Ordinance and Licensing Program Environmental Impact Report (EIR). The meetings will be held on July 26 in Santa Barbara and July 27 in Santa Maria. For more information, see the advisory.
Receive email alerts from The County when new information regarding the Ad Hoc Committee and cannabis operations in Santa Barbara County become available. Use the button at right to subscribe. You can also send us an email with comments.
Board of Supervisors Documents
- February 14, 2017 Attachment A - Medical Marijuana Overview
- February 2014 Attachment B - Proposition 64 Measure Language Summary
- Marijuana Regulations and Impacts of Proposition 64
- Marijuana Regulations & Impacts of Proposition 64
- Proposed Ordinance Establishing a Non-personal Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations Registry Program (Second Reading) - April 11, 2017
- Attachment 2A - Draft County Registration Form Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Future Non-Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations
- Attachment 2B - Draft County Registration Form Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Future Non-Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations
Additional Cannabis Information from the County
- Planning and Development, Long Range Planning - Cannabis Information Project Page
- Agricultural Commissioner - Medical Cannabis Resources
State Cannabis Regulatory Agencies
- Bureau of Cannabis Regulation
- CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing
- Office of Manufactured Cannabis Safety
- State Treasurer's Cannabis Banking Working Group
DRAFT State Medical Cannabis Regulations
- Cal Department of Public Health
- Bureau of Marijuana Control Licensing Regulations
- State Department of Food and Agriculture
SB-94 Cannabis: medicinal and adult use
- A comprehensive trailer bill that consolidates the medical and adult-use cannabis regulatory frameworks, established under MCRSA and AUMA, into one single regulatory system for commercial cannabis activity, known as the Medicinal and Adult-Use of Cannabis Regulatory and Safety Act (MAUCRSA).
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Cannabis Policy Website
- California League of Cities
- Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation- Department of Consumer Affairs: http://www.bmcr.ca.gov/
- CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing - Department of Food & Agriculture: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/is/mccp/
- Office of Manufactured Cannabis Safety - Department of Public Health: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/pages/omcs.aspx
- Cannabis Health Impacts Information at Center for Disease Control