Second District Student Art Gallery
It is my pleasure to invite student artists to participate in a program in which student artwork from schools in the Second District is showcased in the Second District office in the downtown County Administration Building
I've established the Second District Student Art Gallery because I feel strongly about promoting the visual arts and the creative and imaginative efforts by the youth in our community.
Each show is displayed for approximately six weeks. Dug Uyesaka, Second District Art Commissioner, generously helps to facilitate this program. The following are some guidelines to consider when submitting work to the 2nd District Student Art Gallery:
- All mediums are acceptable except video.
- One to four pieces will be hung on the each of the two walls by a hanging picture rail system; therefore the weight of each piece must not exceed ten pounds.
- All work must be dry and ready to be framed. All pastel and charcoal work must be sprayed with a fixative. All work must include the artists name, grade, school and medium.
- Frames and mats will be supplied.
- The frame sizes will be limited to two sizes – 11"x14" and 16"x20".
- Mats will be utilized when sizing allows but won't be necessary. Interior mat sizes are 8.5"x10" and 11"x14"
- Three dimensional pieces will be considered for display in the inner office.
To participate in this 2nd District Student Art Gallery program, please contact Dug at firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete contact information. I appreciate your interest in this exciting gallery program and look forward to your participation.
Supervisor Janet Wolf
Santa Barbara County Second District