Welcome to my home page. I am honored and privileged to represent the First District of Santa Barbara County.
This page is designed to provide you with a convenient means to learn about the current issues I am working on, as well as an opportunity to contact me directly with any questions or comments you may have.
The First District is a diverse area that includes the communities of Carpinteria, Summerland, Montecito, Mission Canyon and Cuyama, as well as the Riviera, Eastside, Westside, Water Front, Downtown and San Roque neighborhoods in the City of Santa Barbara.
I am committed to working with First District and other county residents to protect our environment, provide resources to enhance our public health and safety, improve our transportation infrastructure, partner to strengthen our local schools, enhance career opportunities for local youth, and ensure that we have an accessible and fiscally responsible government.
I am currently active and focused on initiating a number of measures to address these important issues in our community:
- an organizational Customer Service Initiative to enhance the County's ability to meet the needs of area residents
- developing regional solutions to our transportation challenges including widening Highway 101 and promoting commuter rail
- leading the effort to provide health insurance for uninsured children in our county
- development of a conversion technology facility in the South Coast that diverts and recycles our solid waste and creates an alternative source of energy
- a countywide poverty initiative and assessment to serve our communities most vulnerable residents
- improving the water quality of our beaches and creeks
- an enhancement of the Integrated Pest Management Program in our County parks
I look forward to our continued work together.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my homepage, and please feel free to contact me or a member of my staff concerning any issue of importance to you.
First District Supervisor